Test your internet speed here:
What do these numbers mean?
- Higher is better.
- We recommend 10-15 Mbps download and 3 Mbps upload speeds, for a better video call.
- Minimum requirements: at least 0.30 Mbps (300 Kbps) download and upload speeds.
What can I do to improve my internet connection?
Outdoor, rural, or cellular only areas:
- Consider using a mobile hotspot if possible.
- Restarting your phone sometimes helps.
- Talk to your Inspector or Agency about offline inspections.
- Unplug your modem and router, wait a minute or two and plug them back in.
- Restart your computer or phone.
- Call your Internet provider and talk to them about increasing your Internet speed.
- Upgrade your Internet Wi-Fi modem and router hardware.
- Discuss adding Wi-Fi (mesh) extenders to expand the range of your Wi-Fi, especially if your inspection is far away from your Wi-Fi source
- Update your computer and phone if they are more than 6 or so years old.